The release of Mathcad 14.0 marks the inital release of Mathcad engineering software from PTC, after acquiring Mathsoft. It includes many notable improvements, designed to increase productivity and enhance the current advantages provided by Mathcad.
International Support for 9 Languages
Mathcad engineering software is currently on offer in 9 languages that PTC has traditionally supported: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean.
Complete Support for Unicode
Consistent worksheet displays can be achieved through Unicode, no matter which operating system, location or user language. It ensures that users are able to utilise all necessary regional- and discipline- specific notation, regardless of which part of a Mathcad worksheet they are using. Mathcad is now able to provide improved support for Asian characters, enhancing user experience, streamlining inclusion of Japanese characters, and improving both individual productivity and international collaboration on calculations.
Enhanced power and simplicity in calculations
- Improved Mathcad worksheets enable users to compare visually features between two similar sheets, as well as locate additional or altered regions. This feature improves workplace collaboration, reuse of worksheets, and the capability of engineer's to check their calculations.
- Improved search features now find search results in collapsed (hidden) aspects of Mathcad worksheets, allows for a full report of search results. This enhances the efficiency of engineering work, improving both design quality and workplace collaboration.
Inline Numeric Evaluation and Enhancements to Explicit Calculation
- This Mathcad engineering software ability enables users to identify and analyse equations using one statement- a single line- allowing for precise recording of documentation and enabling support of standard report formats. This improves space usage on worksheets and enhances the worksheet presentation.
- Inline numeric evaluation enhances all previous explicit calculation capability through combining the variable name to the result of the inline numeric evaluation. Explicit calculations enable users to replace entries with variables in equations to record and confirm the right values are being utilised in the end calculations. Users are able to use the improvements with Mathcad 14.0 when recording intermediate equations and also outcomes to in explicit calculations. By enhancing the precision of explicit calculations, users are able to access quicker confirmation and validation of their calculations. This improvement is advantageous to engineers who need to provide worksheets as part of their design proposals, standards compliance document, as well as additional forms of reporting.
Enhanced Mathcad Symbolics Feature
- Mathcad engineering software provides an important Symbolics upgrade, which includes improved abilities for example symbolic vectorization, solve fully, new and enhanced keywords, continued fraction expansion, extended, piecewise, and repeating solutions. These enhancements allow users to obtain formulas, display process, and record engineering reasoning. In particular, power users, such as research and design engineers, as well as other other Ph.D. level users utilising symbolics will be able to take advantage of these enhancements.
- The all-new gradient operator and Jacobian matrices. These new symbolic tools allow for full vector analysis, especially as input for genfit and stiff ODE solvers. These features can be applied in symbolics as well as numerical analysis, allowing for improved vector analysis calculations for users, even power users and mechanical design engineers.
Improvements to Mathematic Solver
The improvements enable Mathcad users to solve and record a wider range of engineering-based design issues.
- Enhanced ordinary differential equation (ODE) solvers allows for quicker and more accurate calculations. Solves ODEs quicker and more accurately for engineering design issues with varying range and periodicity of solutions. Decreases the overall proficiency necessary to solve complex ODE problems. This enhancement provides significant advantages for a wide range of engineers, especially mechanical engineers.
- Statespace for ODE matrix utilisation. Input linear systems of ODEs in a discipline-correct statespace notation. Increase discipline-specific notation for recording and collating calculation data. This advantage allows users to enhance and improve control over engineering designs.
Improvements in Plot Formatting Abilities
Enables Mathcad users to improve graphical reports, enhance data recording and communication processes, as well as workplace collaboration throughout the overall product development.
- Additional tab for personalising the number formatting along a 2D plot axes, which enable quick customisation of graphs.
- Negative radii support along the polar plots, which results in an alternate style of polar plots, while enhancing the overall plot quality and clarity. These polar plot enhancements are particularly useful for all electrical design engineers who are monitoring electromagnetic radiation for communications or antenna design uses.
Enhanced Support Available from PTC
All PTC active maintenance customers will now have 24 hours access to PTC’s international support systems. This is a notable enhancement on existing support networks. It provides customers with the technical support that they need, wherever and whenever they need it.
Additionally, all single Mathcad users will be able to activate their new licenses, as well as update licenses, by utilising PTC's automated licensing system. The new FlexLM licensing management for Mathcad implementation provides single users with an improved activation system, enhancing the overall experience for the user.
Mathcad engineering software support and resources are available in the nine languages supported by PTC: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Mathcad Support: New Resources Available
The online support documents available online supply users with resources to demonstrate the breadth of Mathcad’s capabilities and the wide range of functions that can be supported through Mathcad. Plus, these worksheets are live. You are able to view the Mathcad tutorials and see Mathcad in action, while altering the inputs and seeing the outputs update. Additionally, a brand new e-Book on Solving and Optimisation is accessible for Mathcad- only available in English.
Migrating to Mathcad 14.0
As well as the support material available, there are also resources for proficient users. For example, the Migration Guide explains the math constructs which have been updated and any complications or incompatibilities that these could pose with older versions of Mathcad. This allows users to access their existing data and begin utilising the newest version of Mathcad fast.